Foreign tax relief - UK residents

If you have paid foreign tax on an item of income, this tax cannot be refunded by HMRC. But if you also have to pay UK tax on the item of income and you are UK resident, you can claim a credit (foreign tax credit relief) for all or part of the foreign tax and set this against the UK tax due. You can do this by completing the foreign pages section of your tax return.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.
Powered by Zendesk