Registering with HMRC

You should register with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) if you need to complete a Self Assessment tax return.

Information you'll need before you register

You will need:

  • Your National Insurance number. In most cases you'll already have this, but if you haven't worked in the United Kingdom before you'll need to get one.
  • Your contact details (and the contact details of your business if you've started self-employment).
  • Your ten-digit Unique Taxpayer Reference number, but only if you have previously completed a Self Assessment return. You'll find this on letters or forms sent by HMRC about your tax return.
  • The date your circumstances changed.

Please see the link below for more details:

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.
Powered by Zendesk